Sunday, February 24, 2013

Amalie Bruun - Soulful Insomniac



Amalie Bruun, ex-Minks and current Ex Cops, has a nice pair ... of romantic songs.

Crush  gives us the shimmery happiness of new love.  If the layered guitars and breathy vocals don’t make you feel good, then you are already dead.  I made this my ringtone, so I get to do the Cat Dance whenever someone calls.

In Crush,  Amalie sings “When I see you I wanna stay up all night.”  Nite shows us the B-Side of romance with Amalie again up at all hours, but this time suffering the ache of being alone at 4 AM with her lover gone.

Don’t be fooled by the “black metal” tag on Amalie’s Bandcamp page.  This is great pop music.  Backslash-7 rating for Crush and Nite: Three sides of the triangle!!!

Amalie is currently on tour with Ex Cops.  For tour dates, videos, or to buy Ex Cops’ True Hallucinations album, visit excopsband.com